I mean, Carrie Bradshaw made it look so easy.
She wrote one sentence, then went out for drinks. Another sentence, she had sex
with an amazing guy. Woke up in the middle of the night, while he is gorgeous
in his sleep, wrote another sentence (of course ending with a question mark
”…?”). The next day, Sunday I assume, she wakes up and goes to brunch. I MEAN
WHO DOES THAT? Now she has a deadline in Monday and only wrote 4 sentences.
Still she
had this amazing apartment and clothes. I mean, unrealistic. I think the only
real character was Miranda, and no one wanted to be her because she was so "us".
She has trouble, always cynic about her friends. That’s who we were, but we
didn’t want to see us on tv. So we pretend to be Carrie or Charlotte, we dared
to think we were Samantha.
Anyway. I’m
26, so actually I found that my experience with Sex and the city was almost
none.
My parents
split up when I was thirteen so it was a tough adolescence for me. My mom had
lost her job and she did everything she could to keep us in the same school and
neighborhood. My brother wasn’t very much around (he was a kind of
metallica-iron maiden-magic the gathering- teen). So all I had left was the tv
in front of me.
So I relied
on tv to teach me things in a subconscious way.
I learned
that is never OK to be with your best friend’s ex, from Donna and Kelly in
90210.
I learned
that no matter how you feel, you should never starve yourself into a bikini but
it’s good to know you have that big of a will power (just use it for good like
Green Lantern), from DJ in Full House.
I learned
that you will always love a bad boy as long as he has green eyes, from
Amigovios(argentine show).
I learned
that you should embrace change and never lose touch with your friends, that
tey’ll be there for you when the rain starts to pour; from everyone in Friends.
*
*Actually
so many other lessons from Friends, they should be a separate chapter.
That no
matter how much it hurts, to be in love with your best friend is kind of
amazing, from Joey in Dawson’s creek.
That I
should cut some slack to my parents, because it’s really really hard of a job; from
everyone in Once and Again.
That even
if you are a single mom with no degree from any university, you can thrive and
become a business woman and have an awesome kid; from Lorelai Gilmore in
Gilmore Girls.*
*Of course
she had these wealthy parents and order take out all the time and never gained
weight. So for that I envy them, but anyway she rocked.
That it’s
ok to have only guy friends, that doesn’t make you a weirdo; from Elaine in
Seinfeld.
That
“bitches get things done” from Tina Fey and Amy Pohler in Weekend Update. I
mean two big feminist power houses right there.
That it’s
ok to be a little selfish when you are in your twenties just trying to figure
it out how to be a grownup without losing who you are, from Hannah in Girls.
That no
matter where we come from we should be kind to one another, from Ellen
DeGeneres.
That love
is love, no matter what label we feel comfortable having; from Orange is the
new black.
That you’re
life isn’t complete without an awesome gay best friend, from Will & Grace.
That you
can be the best at what you do and know that you deserve nothing but greatness,
from Olivia Pope in Scandal.*
*Actually
Shonda Rhimes should be another great chapter. Her shows had been with me for a
decade now. And she is killing it at being a boss. Her characters are full of
power and I think that to be around them for so long, they bring out a little
bit of a lioness in me.
There so
much more tv taught me. I mean, I watch A LOT of tv. I never thought of doing
it something of a career. I wouldn’t know how. But if you know, tell me. Because if you don't, i will find you, and i will kill..... Oh, wait, that's from a movie. We'll do movies later.
XO.
L.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario